This year, International Live Events Association Denver and National Association of Catering and Events Denver are joining forces for the 15th Annual Designer Showcase! Join us for this highly anticipated signature event, showcasing the collaborative efforts of our industry’s finest colleagues in a trendsetting vignette challenge that should not be missed.
Tuesday, February 11th, 2020 Location:
Vehicle Vault, Parker
5:30 PM- 8:30 PM
Calling All Event Professionals:
If you are in the Events Industry, this competition is for you!
Collaborate with your colleagues! Take this opportunity to highlight your amazing talents to an audience that truly appreciates originality and excellence in our industry. Each team will be challenged to show off and use their creativity to display new trends, designs and innovations by designing a themed vignette.
To apply, please submit your registration and team member information to our 2020 ILEA & NACE Showcase Committee via https://forms.gle/yqzP1QZW9CX4pHm4A :
Jesslyn Hunnicutt firstname.lastname@example.org (ILEA Denver)
Aimee Palifroni email@example.com (NACE Denver)
Deadline for team entry: January 11, 2020
Elements that In-S-P-I-Re. Choose up to THREE elements from the periodic table. Together with your team you will design, plan, and execute a vignette to be shown at the Designer Showcase. Inspiration guidelines:
- Can use natural resources.
- Can chose up to three elements from periodic table
- Cannot be political
- Cannot utilize actual fire, smoke or anything that could cause a fire hazard within vignette
- Award winners are chosen at the end of the evening and this year we will have 7 award categories:
- President’s Choice Award (voted on by all past & present ILEA & NACE Presidents) – favorite vignette overall. In addition, the following awards will be given:
- President’s Best Use of Technology Award
- President’s Best Use of Element(s) Award
- President’s Best Décor Award
- People’s Choice Award (voted on by all guests) – favorite vignette overall
- Best Culinary Experience (voted on by all guests) – favorite flavors, creativity by caterer, and presentation
- Designer’s Choice (One vote p/team & can’t vote for your own team) – Team’s favorite vignette overall.
- Winning vignettes will be decided by voting during the event on site
- 2020 Showcase will not offer online voting or app voting
- Trophies will be presented to the team leader of each winning team
- Additional trophies will be available for purchase by team members after the event
- Bragging rights until the 2021 Designer Showcase
- Announcement at 2020 ILEA Denver Idea Awards Gala and 2021 NACE Awards
- Social Media shout outs to all the participants and winners
- Vignettes will be allowed at least 1 hour for guest tours before voting begins. If more time is available based on overall programming, it will be
- Professional photography and/or videography rights to all images and links to content will be provided to the team captain of winning teams
- You must have at least (1) ILEA member or (1) NACE member on your team
- If there is no ILEA or NACE member on your team here will be an entrance fee of $150.00
- Your space design must encompass our 2020 Theme of “Elements that In-S-P-I-Re” within the designated area given by the ILEA & NACE Showcase Committee
- Exact measurements will be announced by January 11, 2020.
- Maximum of 6 teams may participate
- Teams may only choose up to three elements per vignette
- All elements must be approved by the Showcase Committee. No duplicates will be honored.
- Teams will be responsible for supplying their own tables, linens, food, non-alcoholic beverages, serving equipment, chairs, floral, decor, lighting, place settings,
- Teams captain must coordinate with Showcase Committee if additional equipment or information is needed from the Vehicle Vault
- Additional rules and regulations regarding rigging, hanging décor from ceilings, lighting, power etc. will be announced to Early Bird teams by December 2 and by January 12 to all teams
- All teams must include at least one catering partner and provide 1) a minimum of 3 pieces of food per person based on final guest counts and 2) be comprised of a savory, sweet, gluten free and vegetarian option(s). Teams/Caterer needs to list food items & ingredients used.
- Our overall Linen Sponsor this year is Chair Covers and Linens. You are allowed to use other linen companies.
- Once your team is confirmed, you’ll be given a contact to reach out to for linen requests.
- Our Photography Sponsor this year is From the Hip Photo. Please provide a shot list of specifics to the Showcase Committee by February 1, 2020. You will receive a link to images of your vignette after the event.
- Our Décor Sponsor this year is Bear Aesthetic. Each team will be given a set amount of $1000 to use towards vignette décor and furnishings. After that, 50% discount.
- Once your team is confirmed, you’ll be given a contact to reach out to for décor and furnishings requests
- Alcohol will be provided at the event;
- NO alcohol beverages may be provided by individual vignettes; non-alcoholic beverages are required.
- Each team is responsible for signage for their space identifying their team name/chosen element as well as all vendors involved.
- Team space will be measured by a member of the Showcase Committee. You do not have to use all your space however, extending out past these boundaries will lead to
- One member of your team must attend a mandatory walkthrough/event Non-attendance will lead to disqualification. Date of walkthrough will be announced as soon as set.
- NO MUSIC will be permitted in individual
- No teams or vendors will be allowed into Vehicle Vault for set up prior to the secured & communicated time. Allowing early entry for any reason will lead to disqualification. No exceptions.
- Deliveries need to be coordinated so items arrive during the set-up time. Only deliveries by Overall Sponsors can be delivered before.
- Overall Sponsors will be able to deliver and set up the day before if venue allows.
- Teams will receive up to (5) event tickets per team with no entrance cost to the team
- This assumes at least 1 ILEA or 1 NACE member is included
- Additional team event tickets may be purchased for $25.00 each
- Teams will receive 10 discounted tickets per team in addition to the 5 complimentary tickets.
- “Models” can use either complimentary ticket(s) or discounted ticket provided to each team
- If you sign up after January 11, 2020, the entrance fee will be $150.00 per vignette to participate with or without an ILEA or NACE member
- Any hard costs associated with your designed space is your team’s responsibility
- All products and services are to be donated to ILEA Denver and NACE Denver at no cost to ILEA or NACE. ILEA and NACE will not pay hard costs, including but not limited to, fees related to delivery, labor, power and taxes. You and your sponsors will pay directly for any on-site expenses incurred as associated with your
Any and all questions or concerns will be decided and determined by the 2020 ILEA & NACE Showcase Committee. Individuals on the Showcase Committee may not participate in any vignette. Individuals on the Showcase Committee may not vote for any award. Should the Showcase Committee not be able to come to a consensus on a ruling, the ILEA VP of Education and Programs will make the final call.
ESTIMATED TIMELINE (subject to change)
- December 1, 2019 – End Early Bird Team Registration
- Week of December 2-6, 2019 - Early Bird Walkthrough at Vehicle Vault: teams get extra look at the hall and get to pick their vignette space! (first to sign up, first to pick) – Exact Date & Time TBD
- January 11, 2020 - Free Team Entry Deadline (ILEA & NACE member)
- Week of January 13-17, 2020 - Mandatory Walkthrough with teams at Vehicle Vault: teams will be emailed invite once registration is confirmed. – Exact Date & Time TBD
- January 27, 2020 - Detailed timeline will be sent to each team for load in/out
- February 4, 2020- Estimated headcounts for catering sent
- February 11, 2020 - Designer Showcase!
- 8:00 AM- Load In
- 4:30 PM- All Vignettes set for photography
- 5:30 PM- Registration & Bar Opens/Networking
- 6:00 PM- Announcements
- 6:15 PM- Grand Reveal: Vignettes Open
- 7:30 PM- Voting Closes
- 7:45 PM- Awards Announced
- 8:30 PM- Event Concludes
- 9:00 PM- Begin Load out
- 10:30 PM- All Vendors Off Premises
We invite you to share this event on your social media pages!
#ILEADenver | www.ileadenver.com
#NACEDenver | www.nacedenver.com